Feeling helpless…

I feel so helpless watching the news developments for Hurricane Irma – and all I can do is plead to family, friends, and residents to evacuate the possible target areas.

Some have left or are doing so right now.

Some are staying put because they feel that if they were ok in previous hurricanes that they’ll be ok now.

But … NO TWO HURRICANES ARE THE ALIKE.

As of right now, Hurricane Irma is showing a probably path right to where my family lives in Punta Gorda, FL.  I’m terrified.

I haven’t posted anything here since Harvey hit Texas – it’s been all consuming – and frankly it would be insensitive just to post some “happy-go-lucky” blurb – and truthfully I’m not feeling that way at all.

I feel drained watching the news – but we have to watch to try and help in anyway possible.

I’m praying for family, friends, residents, first responders, and pets.

PLEASE contact anyone who might live alone and any Senior Citizens who might not have assistance to evacuate or get to a shelter.

Please keep everyone in your prayers.  As Florida Governor Scott just stated in a news conference “The storm is here.”  “This is a deadly storm.”

If you’d like you or your loved ones to be included in our prayers – please post the first name of the person and their location below.

And Texas, we are still praying for you – you’re not forgotten during this time.

Blessings,

Jacque

• Want to stay in touch? Please take a moment to sign up where it says “Follow Blog Via Email” at the bottom of this page. You’ll be notified when something new is posted! Thanks so much!

1. Jeannue 10 September, 2017 at 07:58 Reply

I have many friends and family in FL. most importantly my step mom who lives in Fort Myers. She left yesterday to go to Port St Lucie on the east coast to stay with friends for the duration. I pray they will be okay. I pray for everyone in Florida. I’m in Maryland and so scared for them.

2. susan block 9 September, 2017 at 19:51 Reply

Praying for all from my heart! 💖🙏🏻💙
    Thank you, dear Jacque, for your caring heart and blessings. XOXO

3. Marlene Fries 9 September, 2017 at 16:26 Reply

Michael and Savannah in Boca Raton, Fl
    Eric and family in Orlando, Florida
    Joannie and family in Apopka, Fl
    Praying for you safety. I love all of you. God is watching over you.

4. Denise Kitzen 9 September, 2017 at 12:44 Reply

This is mother nature. I spoke to some people from there. They told me that they are used to it. We can only pray for them., Hope all goes well. Such sadness…

5. Cathleen A. Chapman 9 September, 2017 at 12:10 Reply

Dear sweet Jacque-I, like u, feel for those who r in harm’s way; I feel helpless! But, I have @ my disposal the most powerful antidote that exists-prayer. It’s in God’s hands now & always has been.u have always had a heart filled w/compassion, love, concern & selflessness. These r amazing qualities; however, they can take a toll. Take good care of yourself & your family as u have always done! The outcome is once again in God’s control. I will include u & your family in my thoughts & prayers! Until next time…

6. louise 9 September, 2017 at 11:52 Reply

your sentiments are well expressed and I agree with you. The stress is so very overwhelming and I am not in Florida…for people there it is beyond belief…..as it is and continues to be in Texas. May all our prayers be heard.

7. Lynn 9 September, 2017 at 11:42 Reply

And while Texas and Florida are drowning montana,Oregon & Washington are burning up. Almost 1million acres gone. They need our prayers just as much. I have family in Florida and Montana. Praying for our country.

8. Anna tarasiewicz 9 September, 2017 at 11:29 Reply

You are a very caring , loving human being. I have been watching a few of the shopping channels and mostly everyone is so insensitive and has that attitude of life goes on just let me make another sale.