I bought an Instant Pot!!!

I caved! I bought an Instant Pot! I got the Instant Pot DUO60 from Amazon – and it will be here on Tuesday!

So…what should I do to prepare for this apparently momentous cooking revelation that’s in transit???

• What tips do you have for me?
  • What are the best Instant Pot recipe websites?
  • Do you have a favorite Instant Pot cookbook you’d recommend?
  • What are your favorite Instant Pot recipes?

Now I sit and wait and PLAN!!!

Nom Nom,

Jacque

• I’d love to stay in touch with you. Look at where it saysFollow Blog Via Email on this page – and add your email. You’ll be notified when something new is posted! 🙂

1. Diana Stewart 22 January, 2018 at 16:44 Reply

I am buying one from a friend that has two. She got one for herself and then she won one in a drawing, so I told her I would buy one from her! I’m looking forward to receiving it and put it to good use.

2. b reed 20 January, 2018 at 21:58 Reply

a former co worker just got one too. since its just me, i am not sure if it would be worth it for me. i will be following this to see comments, ideas and the recipes. i just realized i wrote “just me”. lol edit here – since its me alone, (is that better?)

3. Laura Jager 20 January, 2018 at 18:08 Reply

I’ve heard a lot about them lately but have no idea what I’d do with one, so I’m excited to hear what others have to say about it. Let us know what you think, once you try it out, Jacque!

4. Barbara Eabon 20 January, 2018 at 15:51 Reply

I am looking forward to seeing your posts on this. It is just me and my husband and based on your info I just might have to get one!

5. Tanya B 20 January, 2018 at 14:58 Reply

Could someone explain what an Instant Pot even is? Is it basically an electric pressure cooker? I know people seem to love them but I’m clueless about them and the benefits of using them. – Clueless in Florida 😬
    PS is it like a crockpot??

• Jacque 20 January, 2018 at 15:05 Reply

It’s like a crock pot and a pressure cooker had a baby! 🤣 You can also sauté in it and prep everything before it cooks. I found a beef stew recipe where you brown the meat in it and then add everything else and it’s finished in 50 minutes!!! I’m still learning more as I study up before it gets here!!! 🙂

• Karen 20 January, 2018 at 22:43

I love to cook a 6 lb whole chicken. Season with favorite seasonings. Inside and out. Place on rack in pot. Add 1 cup water or chicken broth. Cook on high for 45 minutes with natural release. It will be falling off the bones.